A lot of women suffer through having dark circles and puffy eyes. These are among the most common signs of aging and can be caused by different factors, such as stress, lack of sleep, smoking, hereditary, allergies, and poor nutrition. But instead of always relying on makeup to conceal those spots that make you look tired and older than you actually are, you can instead try these five tips that can help reduce and ease them:
- Get Enough Sleep: Most people nowadays tend to disregard the importance of getting enough sleep at night. Having at least 8 hours of sleep helps the body rejuvenate and recuperate, and not having enough time to rest clearly reflects in a person’s eyes. If you’re having a hard time sleeping, try taking a hot bath or drinking a warm cup of tea and just relax your body and mind. You’ll definitely feel and look more rested when you prioritize getting the right amount of sleep each night.
- Protect from Sun: It’s no secret how harmful the sun’s UV rays are to our skin. Considering the skin around your eyes are even more prone to damage and dehydration, make sure to keep it covered and protected by wearing sunglasses and applying sunblock for the face.
- Healthy Diet: Do away with junk food and allow your body to get proper nutrition by eating healthier food. Not only is this beneficial for your skin, but for your body’s overall health as well.
- Gentle Treatment of Skin: A lot of dermatologists advice against rubbing the skin around your eyes because of its high sensitivity. Whenever it gets itchy or whenever you remove makeup, just pat your eyes lightly and gently and always make use of a soft fabric to lessen the friction.
- Effective Eye Treatment: In addition to all of these tips, having a reliable eye treatment can be of big help in reducing those dark spots and the puffiness of your eyes. Here at DeLaine by Michelle Douglas, we offer eye treatments that specially address these common eye issues with our unique combination of natural extracts and vitamins. Not only do our antioxidant and eye contour creams diminish dark spots and puffiness but they also tighten the skin, resulting in a more lively and youthful-looking skin.